We are possessive beings so we like to 'possess' our lives, our dreams, our career/business etc; we like to own it all and do put up a good resistance when someone else wants to lay claim to it.
Even when that Someone is God. Gotta fight for what is mine is the mentality we harbor. God understands is the excuse.
And we're right...on one count though. For God understands that we are His and like us, He's equally fighting for what's His.
We have to relinquish--let go of the right to our lives. We don't own it. Desiring to hold onto it is starting a fight with God, and we know we won't win; so, why don't we do it the easy way?
Well, I must admit, it's not easy to let go. And that part, God understands. So He makes grace available; grace to let go and let Him. And He tells us in Hebrews 4:16, how we can lay claim to that grace (yay, finally, there's something we get to have!) He says,
Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.
For this week's slices, remember to find a comfy spot to relax, sip from your cup of...whatever you like to have and take a long crunchy bite off this week's de_light.
From The Blog
• We continued on our Dear Jeremiah...series and we learned how we can lose the frightened little, unworthy me, spirit. Did you miss it? Read it here.
• Are you like me, prone to segregating others, racial profiling and all? Well here, I gave us a shoutout. Not one? Read to find out what we are about.
• I am on a waiting period, and like I told my friend Lisa, ain't we all? This post encourages us to stay calm and continue to trust in God to redeem us and fulfill His promises.
• Modesty has been proving to be a pain in the...heart or should I say, immodesty. I liked how Jewell pointed out the heart of the matter in her post.
• In her post for The Time-Warp Wife, Jennifer hassles us to take a closer, deeper look at how we might be letting ourselves sucked into the media.
There's that! Did you enjoy reading the posts? Let me know which one and what, if any, you're letting go so God could be first in your life.
If you read any post that struck out to you (which I'm sure you did) or wrote one, also let me know.
Enjoyed this post? Found it encouraging?
Receive new posts in your mailbox
Want to write for us? follow these steps.
Shared post at Spiritual Sundays.